- 200 white mushrooms, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, finely cut
- A small handful of freshly cut chives
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tomato, peeled, diced
- Dried spices: thyme, tarragon
- A small handful of arugula salad
- ½ cup wholegrain rice
- 30 g hard goat cheese, grated
- A pinch of (1/2 tsp.) of dried herbs: marjoram, turmeric, and chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Peel and slice garlic and onion, and julienne carrot. Transfer the plants into a sautéing pan, pour little oil (2 tbsp.) and water (1/2 cup), and simmer over medium heat for 20 min, covered, until the onions are translucent. Keep checking if there is enough liquid in the pan and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Soak the mushrooms into a larger pot filled with warm water to remove any dirt, than trim the stem, peel the top and slice them thinly (choose mushrooms that are not bruised or wet). Then transfer mushroms to the sauté pan and stir them gently into the vegetables; add another ½ cup of cold water and olive oil and continue simmering over moderately high heat for another 20 min, covered, before adding tomatoes.
- Cut 6 cherry tomatoes in half, peel and dice tomato and transfer the plants to the sauté pan, season with salt and paper, thyme, tarragon, rocket leaves, a pinch of chilly flakes, a small handful of chopped chives. Simmer for another 20-30 minutes, over low heat, covered, until the mushrooms are soft and tender.
Stir occasionally and moisten the mix, as needed, with little water (few spoons), if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Separately, in a large pan, bring water to a boil, then put the wholegrain rice and cook it for up to 14 min (or in accordance with cooking instructions on the bag). Drain the water and stir the rice into the vegetables.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with grated goat cheese and top with few rocket leaves.