- 2 beetroots, cooked, peeled, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup sour milk
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 basil leaves, finely cut
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoon
- Salt, just a pinch of to taste
1. Wash red beets thoroughly, cut off the greens, and put them into a larger pan with cold water; let cook for 1 hour over medium heat, led on. When soft and tender, drain the water and leave it at a room temperature to cool down. Then peel the skin and shred them.
2. In a large mixing bowl place the shredded vegetables, minced garlic, 2 tbsp. low-fat sour cream. Drizzle with the 2 tbsp. of olive oil, finely cut basil and parsley and 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice. Stir gently all ingredients to allow flavours to blend.