- 400 g seafood, fresh or defrosted
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 baby carrot, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly cut
- 1/2 fennel sliced (lengthwise)
- 1/2 kohlrabi, peeled, diced
- A pinch of dried Mediterranean spices/ chili flakes
- 1 medium shallot finely cut
- 1 tbsp. of fresh parsley finely cut
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika powder
- 2 tbsp. extra grape olive oil
- 250-wholegrain pasta
- Defrost seafood by placing the bag under the cool running water or leave it in the fridge overnight. Peel and thinly slice onion, garlic and shallots, and julienne carrots.
- Put trimmed onion, garlic, and carrots in the sauté pan, pour over 2 tbsp. of grape oil and cold water (1/2 cup), and simmer over medium heat for 20 min, covered. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon and add just a spoon or two of water, if necessary, to inhibit sticking. Vegetables should rise above the liquid at any time throughout the cooking.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum; add halved cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp. of sweet paprika, a pinch of chili flakes, and 1 tbsp. of dried Mediterranean herbs and ½ cup of water. Continue simmering over moderately high heat for another 20 min, covered, until the sauce reaches desired, thicker consistency. Turn the heat off.
- In the meantime cook your pasta. Fill 1 ½ l of a cooking pan with water and bring it to a boil. Add pasta and let it cook for 10-12 min or according to the cooking instructions on the bag (or even a bit longer if you like it softer).
When cooked, drain the water, place pasta into a strainer, and rinse under the cold running water.
- Fill ½ l of a large cooking pan with water, bring it to the boil, add the seafood and cook it for approx. 7 min. (or in accordance with cooking instructions on the bag). Then drain the water. Set aside.
- Transfer cooked seafood into the pan and stir gently into the cooked vegetables. Leave it on the stove for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend well.
Serving: Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle 1 tbsp. of grated goat cheese.