- 2 large onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ courgette, tops and bottoms sliced, thinly cut
- ½ sweet green pepper, deseeded, halved, cut into stripes
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tomatoes, skin removed, finely cut, diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely cut
- 1 tbsp. of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. rocket leaves
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 package of pasta
- 30 g goat cheese, grated, 1 tbsp. per serving
- 2-3 tbsp. oil grape/olive oil
- Peel and thinly slice garlic, onion, and leeks into rings, peel and julienne carrots.
- In a sauté pan, put trimmed vegetables, then pour over 1 tbsp. of olive oil and ½ cup of cold water and simmer over medium heat 20 min, lid on.
- Then add diced tomatoes and halved cherry tomatoes and continue simmering over moderately high heat for another 20 min, covered. Don’t forget to stir occasionally every now and then, and to add little water if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Toward last 20 min of cooking, add 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, trimmed courgette and green paprika strips, season with a pinch of salt and chilli flakes and simmer for another 20 min over low heat, covered. Sprinkle with a small handful of mixed herbs: finely chopped parsley, basil and rocket leaves.
- Fill the large cooking pan with 2½ l of water, and bring it to a boil. Put the pasta in and let cook for 10-14 min, or accordingly to cooking instructions on the package. When cooked, drain the water and rinse the pasta in a sieve under the cold running water. Set aside.
Serve the dish in a deep pasta plate with a tbsp. of grated goat cheese on top.