- 1 Big red beet, cooked, peeled, shredded
- 1 Onion, peeled finely sliced,
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, finely cut
- 4-5 fresh ricotta leaves
- A small handful of herbs finely cut – parsley, coriander, and basil
- 2 tbsp. ricotta or other low-fat cheese
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pasta, whole grain
- In a sauté pan put trimmed vegetables: onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil oil, and a ½ cup of cold water; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer over moderately high heat for 20 min, lid on. Stir regularly to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom.
- In the meantime, put the red beet in a large cooking pot, fill with water to cover the plant and let it cook over medium heat for 40 min, covered. Drain the water, peel the skin and let it cool at room temperature. Shred the vegetable.
3 Add shredded red beat to the vegetables, another ½ cup of water and mix all the ingredients gently. Simmer over low heat for another 15 min allowing flavors to mingle. When the sauce is done stir in several rocket leaves.
- Cookspaghetti:Fill ¾ of the cooking with water and bring to a boil. Put the pasta and cook for 14 min, or accordingly to the cooking instructions on the package.
- Top each serving of pasta with the sauce and grated cheese on top. Don’t forget to adda few fresh basil leaves.