- 300 gr spinach, washed carefully
- 200 g pines, briefly cooked
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves, garlic, minced,
- 1 celery stick, finely cut
- 1 cup of fennel, finally cut
- 1 onion, finely cut
- 1 cup of chives, finely cut
- 1/2 silver onion, finely cut
- 1 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 50 g hard goat cheese, grated
- 3 spoons vegetable oil
- 2 spoons extra virgin olive oil
- Finely cut all the vegetables and start by sautéing (3 spoons of vegetable oil and 1 cup of water) several types of onion (silver onion, spring onion, chives), chopped celery stick, chopped fennel, until the mix is softened. Cook for 20 minutes, at medium-low temperature, covered. Check frequently and stir to prevent sticking, add little water as you go (during the whole course of cooking). Towards the end of the cooking, add cleaned spinach and a 3/4 (or less if you like) cup of fresh basil leaves, stir well, cover, and cook for another 15 minutes at low temperature. (Total cooking time 35 min). Remove from the stove to cool down.
- Cook the pasta separately accordingly to the instructions.
- At the same time, place pine nuts in a single layer in a Teflon pan and cook on medium temperature, stirring frequently, until they turn golden brown. (approx.5-7 minutes only). Remove from the stove.
- In a blender put put sautéed vegetables, pine nuts, freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice (of 1 and a half lemons), minced garlic (3 cloves) and 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil. Add little salt. Blend for a few seconds only.
Serve with pasta and grated hard goat cheese on top.