- 1 young kohlrabi, peeled, shredded
- 1carrot, peeled, shredded
- 1 leek, finely cut
- 1 tomato, peeled diced
- 1 red beet, cooked, peeled, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of chopped young onion
- 50 g ricotta cheese
- 2 egg white, cooked, thinly sliced
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, finely cut
- 30 g of baked almond crushed (with rolling pin)
- Grape oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Wash and clean kohlrabi, remove the stems and leaves and cut the plant into thicker sticks (1/4 inch).
- Put the trimmed vegetables in a larger sauté pan (preferably cast-iron) add 1 spoon of grape/olive oil and ½ cup of cold water, cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 min. Then reduce the heat to a minimum and add diced tomato. Cover.
- Sauté the vegetables for another 20 minutes over low heat, add little water every now and then (a spoon or 2, if necessary) and stir regularly to prevent sticking. Season with little salt and sprinkle a pinch of chilli flakes. When done, let the mix cool down at a room temperature.
- Crush baked walnuts with the rolling pin on the chopping board.
- Make small balls by mixing ricotta cheese, crushed walnuts, finely cut basil leaves and thinly cut (cooked) egg white.
Serve vegetables on a large plate with cheese balls and red beet slices. Drench the vegetables with mix of 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 1tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice.