• Make sure your diet is based on whole or minimally processed, plant foods (fruits, vegetables, seeds).
• Refrain from eating out fried foods, fatty and spicy soups with meat, artificially processed food, such as dried meat and meat products, as well as confectionery.
• To prevent binge eating, avoid consuming food when you are upset or tired. Eat only in a relaxed state and chew patiently before swallowing. Keep 3 hours intervals between meals (at least).
• Don’t take a nap immediately after meals, but avoid being too active – find a relaxing activity instead (how about dishwashing?!).
• The best and healthiest weight management strategy is Intermittent fasting. It involves the restriction of food over 14-16 hours (night shift up to 12-2 p.m.). Meals are consumed within the time frame of 8-10 hours, followed by a fasting period, which is 14-16 hours. It should be practiced at least 2 times a week.
Most importantly – for preventive health, good mood, and quality of life – increase your physical activity throughout the day. Gym, home exercises, household chores, gardening, walking to work, climbing the stairs, cycling, just everything counts.